Italian-style quinoa & vegetable soup
Give your body a reset with this vegetable detox Italian-style quinoa & vegetable soup. It’s healthy, filling and easy to make. It comes together quickly in just one pot and is perfect for meal prep!
In this soup we used only all-natural ingredients, as a real “Italian Mama” would do.
It combines vegetables and quinoa, which is an amazing superfood rich in proteins, fiber, iron and magnesium. Just to mention a few of its properties.
- 60ml olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into small cubes 150g celery, cut into even blocks
- 150g carrots, peeled and cut into even blocks
- 150g baby marrows, cut into even blocks
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 small heads of Savoy cabbage, shredded
- 500g fresh ripe plum tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 5L homemade or fresh vegetable stock
- 40g quinoa
- ½ tin Cannellini beans 5g basil leaves
- Large pinch salt
- Large pinch black pepper
- 10g freshly grated Grana Padano or Parmesan to serve
Sauté the onions, celery, carrots, cabbage and garlic in olive oil until the onions are translucent.
Add the stock, quinoa and tomatoes and cook for about 25 minutes. Check that the carrots are almost soft.
Add the baby marrow and beans and simmer for another 20 minutes.
Check the seasoning.
Just before serving, stir in the basil leaves.
Add black pepper and finish with grated Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil.